THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The Not This Week, I’m Reading Edition

>> Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend Update


This has been a great week of reading for me. I've been focusing on getting as much reading time in my normal routine as I could because of Bout of Books. Yes it means that I've let some of the To Do list slide but that’s what next week is for, right? Besides I was still getting over being sick so reading as much as I could was therapeutic. Of course I’m also piling up the reviews to write but I can work on those tomorrow. Today is for reading and listening to my audiobook because it’s the last day of Bout of Books and that’s why I got most of the errands and chores done yesterday.

I finished reading Empress of the Night by Eva Stachniak and honestly the only reason I finished it was that I owed a review to two different sites. If not for that I would have set it aside. Read her first book though. The Winter Palace is good.

Next I read the novella prequel to Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. It’s called No Place Like Oz and I liked it a lot. It tells how Dorothy went back to Oz and how things changed there and for her. It has me looking forward to diving in to Dorothy Must Die.

I also read The Storied Life of A.J.Fikry which I adored. There are so many quotable lines in this book. It's just a delight for booklovers.

My current books is Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor, It’s the first in a time travel series and it’s a lot of fun so far.

I am still enjoying the heck out of listening to How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell which is narrated by David Tennant. It is just making me smile. I hope to finish listening to it today and I already have the next in the series ready to go. I also have the books checked out from the library so I can page through them in between listening. That way I don’t miss the illustrations and visual stuff from the book and I can re-read the best parts.

Of course I can’t leave without a few random photos from the week:

My neighbor's pink dogwood tree is just gorgeous. I look forward to it blooming every year.

pink dogwood


Luckily for me the weather was great this week. I was able to spend some quality time reading on the front porch when I got home from work almost every day.
front porch reading time


Even the mornings were pretty this week. I walk by the Central branch of the Multnomah County Library on my way to work and this week it was so tempting to just stop and sit on one of the benches to read instead of going to work.
Central Library wall and benches

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

1 comments:

The Surly Bookseller 5/18/2014 10:00 AM  

I just gave a book chat in which I featured FIKRY prominently. It was almost impossible to decide which passages to read because there were so many of them that were so lovely. I finally opted for Maya's description of the store, Fikry's ran to the rep about the sorts of books he did NOT like, and (heavily edited so as not to wreck the ending), what he said about our being "collected works."

Seriously loved that book, and had a marvelous time giving it another look in preparation for my chat.

Chat also featured The Martian (Weir); Wake (Hope); and Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening (Wall).

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP