THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The Thank Goodness for Long Weekends Edition

>> Sunday, May 25, 2014

Weekend Update

I finished three books since last week’s update.

Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor was a fun time travel adventure and I’m looking forward to reading the sequel. I totally blame my friends in LibraryThng’s 75 books group for this one. It seemed like everyone I know there was reading and enjoying it so I had to check it out.

Then I grabbed the next one of my stack of Graphic Novels I”ve got out from the library. Sweet Tooth Vol. 2: In Captivity was just as good as the first volume. It answered some questions and raised a whole bunch of new ones. Luckily I've got the 3rd volume out from the library already.

I also finished listening to How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell. I absolutely love David Tennant’s narration of this. I moved on to the second in the series (How to Be a Pirate). I need to figure out when I can make The Hubster listen to these. I really need an 8-12 year old kid to share these with but The Hubster is a close approximation.

I started reading Birdmen: The Wright Brothers, Glenn Curtiss, and the Battle to Control the Skies by Lawrence Goldstone. I was due for a non-fiction read and this one about the early years of flight intrigued me. I haven’t read much so far so I don’t really have an opinion about it one way or another yet.

I also started the next book in the Department Q series by Jussi Adler-Olsen. There is an awful lot going on in Purity of Vengeance and I’m needing to keep my focus on it which is why I haven’t read much of Birdmen yet.

Yesterday was busy and today we’re off to Seattle to go to a baseball game so I’m holding out in hopes of some major reading time on Monday if I’m going to get much this weekend.

As usual, the random phone photos from this week:

I just really liked how this one turned out

purple flower


My current crochet project is a baby afghan for a friend at work. I let her pick out the color yarn for something for her baby boy but she doesn't know what it is yet.
baby afghan


The birds have been very busy at our backyard feeders. They're a bunch of little yellow flying pigs.
busy bird feeders


On Friday the City of Portland was under a boil water order. Luckily my house is not on city water but I think the folks at my office building were rather zealous about the whole thing.
do not drink the water


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

1 comments:

Les 5/28/2014 10:07 PM  

Love goldfinches!! Such cheerful birdies even though they're quite greedy at the feeders.

I am so thankful that Depoe Bay was not affected by the water situation that hit Portland! We had over 30 people at my mom's house for dinner on Saturday night. That would have been a disaster! Instead, we had a wonderful 3-day weekend with LOTS of family. The weather was PERFECT!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP