THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Nutshell Review: Audiobook – How to Be a Pirate by Cressida Cowell

>> Tuesday, June 10, 2014


Photo Credit


How to Be a Pirate by Cressida CowellHow to Be a Pirate by Cressida Cowell, Narrated by David Tennant

Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fantasy
Series: #2 in the How to Train Your Dragon series
Publisher: Hachette Audio
Publication Date: 2004 for the book, 2013 for this audio edition
Length: 2 hours, 54 minutes
Read by: David Tennant
Source: Library



The Book:
From the publisher:
Follows the further adventures and misadventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as his Viking training continues and his father leads a stranger and the Hairy Hooligans to the Isle of Skullions in search of a pirate's treasure.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed listening to the first of this series so much I started this second book right away.

Hiccup and his dragon Toothless once again had me laughing my way through my commute time. David Tennant's narration is just a delight.

The story begins with the young Vikings training to become Pirates. When "Alvin the Poor-But-Honest-Farmer" arrives on the scene he quickly gains the trust of Hiccup's father the chief of the tribe. Alvin soon has the Hairy Hooligans on a dangerous mission in search of the treasure of Hiccup's ancestor Grimbeard the Ghastly.

The adventure is fun. The story is over the top and full of humor that makes both 10 year old kids and me laugh.

I'm looking forward to continuing with this series. The books are short so they’re quick listens and for me they’ll make nice breaks between my typical audio mystery fare.


3.5 stars Rating 3.5/5 for the book

4.5 stars Rating 4.5/5 for the narration



SoundBytes is a weekly roundup of audio book reviews hosted by Jen at Devourer of Books.

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP