THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The Reading Bingo Mid-Year Update Edition

>> Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend Update

Earlier this year I joined up with a group of folks on Library thing and said I would participate in this Reading Bingo Game for 2014. Then I never updated my list or bingo cards at all.

Mid-year seems like a good time to check in on my progress to see what things look like. These cards were initially put together by the folks at Retreat by Random House and one is listed for YA books but I’m choosing to ignore that distinction and just use both bingo cards for any and all books.

I never intended to seek out books for specific spaces on the cards. All along my plan was to see what I ended up with naturally as I read my way through the year.

As of today here’s where things stand.

For the Regular Bingo:
More than 500 pages: Outlander
Forgotten Classic:
Book that became a movie: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Published this year: While Beauty Slept
Number in the title: 1001 Nights of Snowfall
Written by someone under 30:
Book with non-human characters: Pride of Baghdad
Funny Book:
Female Author: The Tomb of the Golden Bird
Book with a mystery: A Circle of Wives
One-Word Title: Fangirl
Book of short stories:
Set on a different continent: The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon
Non-Fiction:
First book by a favourite author:
Heard about online: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Best-selling book:
Based on a true story: Empress of the Night
Book at the bottom of TBR pile:
Book my friend loves:
Book that scares me:
More than 10 years old: Persuader
Second book in a series:
Blue cover: All the Light We Cannot See

2014 Reading Bingo


For the (Not necessarily) YA Bingo:
Book with female heroine: Cocaine Blues
Book set in a high school:
Last of a trilogy:
Book with 'color' in the title:
First book in series: Just One Damned Thing After Another
Book set in the future: Shovel Ready
Book with a break-up:
Book without a love triangle:
Book that became a movie: How to Train Your Dragon
Book set in Paris:
Book set in the past: The Black Country
Book with magic:
Book set in summer:
Book with a dragon: How to Be A Pirate
Book that made you cry:
Graphic novel: Sweet Tooth Vol. 1: Out of the Deep Woods
Book based on a myth: Sea of Monsters
Classic YA:
Book with a Lion, Witch or Wardrobe:
Book with an incredible fight scene:
Book heard about online: Sous Chef
Book set in another world: No Place Like Oz
Book with epic love story:
Book with music:

2014 (not really) YA Reading Bingo



I have books I read that could possibly fit some of those still empty spaces but I’ve also got other books in my reading plans that would fit them better so I’m waiting to fill them in.

I managed to score one Bingo so far and it looks like I’m close to several more. I may have to abandon my plan to not choose books for a specific space it if looks like a particular book might fill in a crucial space for me on my game cards. I’m looking at you “Book of Short Stories”

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Beth F 6/30/2014 5:04 AM  

What a fun game. Reminds me of What's in a Name?

SuziQoregon 8/12/2014 8:44 PM  

Beth F: It really is a lot like What's in a Name - I just need to keep up with marking off spots when I can.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP