THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update - The Summer Solstice Edition

>> Sunday, June 22, 2014

Weekend Update

Let’s start with the reading update.

I finished Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I liked it a lot but not as much as I loved Eleanor & Park. I’m on the library waiting list for Attachments and I’m looking forward to reading that one soon. I've heard mixed reviews about her newest one (Landline). Have you read that one? Should I read it or skip it?

I still have both The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Birdmen: The Wright Brothers, Glenn Curtiss, and the Battle to Control the Skies by Lawrence Goldstone in a state of started but untouched for the past week. Maybe I’ll get to more of both of those this week.

I’m currently wrapped up in The Romanov Sisters by Helen Rappaport. As I've said before, I’m a sucker for all things Romanov and I plan to spend any reading time I can get today with this one. It’s focus is on Nicholas and Alexandra’s four daughters.

On audio I finished Junkyard Dogs by Craig Johnson (narrated by George Guidall). I would have just moved on to the next one in the series but I didn't have it on my ipod yet when I finished Junkyard Dogs so I decided for a change of pace instead. I started Redshirts by John Scalzi. It’s about the red-shirted ensigns (of Star Trek fame) who seemed to die at a much higher rate than the series regulars. It’s a bit of slightly comic science fiction and the choice of Wil Wheaton to narrate it is excellent. I initially had a bit of trouble with listening to it due to the way the dialog is written but that is becoming less irritating as I continue with it. I'm enjoying the story so far.


As I mentioned last week we ran away to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. It was wonderful. It was so peaceful and beautiful and relaxing that it felt like much more than two days worth of getaway.

Waking up to this in the morning was pretty spectacular.

Tahoe morning

I loved having my morning coffee on the dock watching the lake, the ducks and seagulls, the paddle boarders, and the parasailers.
Tahoe morning on the dock

Sunset and a steak dinner on the grill on Saturday.
Tahoe evening


Tahoe and Wine

Then on Sunday a gondola ride up the mountain for a spectacular view.
Heavenly Mountain Gondola

Lake Tahoe from the Heavenly Mountain Observation Deck

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

The Surly Bookseller 6/22/2014 10:46 AM  

The pix from Tahoe are just fabulous!

Beth F 6/23/2014 4:41 AM  

I'm more relaxed just looking at your photos.

Les 7/10/2014 8:33 PM  

I'd read Attachments and skip Landline.

SuziQoregon 7/15/2014 9:28 PM  

Surly: Thanks - we lucked out with a great vacation rental location and perfect weather.

Beth F: I made a couple of them my wallpaper on my work computer. So relaxing to remember.

Les: I've heard that from several people. I'm pretty sure I'll do exactly that.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP