THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update - The We Ran Away Edition

>> Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekend Update

Reading this week:
I finished Sous Chef and while it was not great it was a good introduction to life in a restaurant kitchen. I think I'm glad I chose it as my entry book into the world of Culinary Arts books and memoirs.

I started Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I loved Eleanor and Park and I've heard so many good things about her other books. I'm liking this one so far.

I'm also continuing with The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. I have read the first two stories so far. They're fun.

On Audio I am nearly done with Junkyard Dogs by Craig Johnson. This is a good entry in the Walt Longmire series and as always I think George Guidall's narration sets the perfect tone for the story


I actually wrote this on Friday because we're running away to Lake Tahoe for the weekend. If all goes as planned this is what we're doing this afternoon.

A minute and a half of the ride down the mountain in a gondola . . .





Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Bryan G. Robinson 6/15/2014 8:49 AM  

I still have to get to Eleanor & Park. I've had it on my shelf a few times, but then never got to it. Maybe this summer. :)

Tif Sweeney 6/15/2014 8:56 PM  

Hope you are having a great weekend at Lake Tahoe! From the looks of your pictures on Instagram, it looks like you are!

Beth F 6/16/2014 4:34 AM  

Fun! And pretty.

SuziQoregon 7/15/2014 9:16 PM  

Bryan: Eleanor & Park was definitely out of my normal range but I loved it. It's a good summer book.

Tif: We had a fabulous weekend. The weather cooperated and it was gorgeous.

Beth F: Yes it was - we need to make it a longer trip next time.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP