THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Happy Eighth Birthday to Whimpulsive

>> Saturday, July 12, 2014

Eight years ago today I started what I had planned to use as an online book journal. I expected it to be primarily for me and a handful of friends or family I could give the link to when they asked "what book have you read lately that you'd recommend?".

I had no idea that "book blogging" was a thing until people I didn't know started commenting.



Eight years later things are very very different.

Since that first comment from a stranger all those years ago I have developed many long term friendships with fellow booklovers I've met through this blog. Even though, I haven't met most of them in person.

These people are now my primary source of book related information and recommendations. Through their blogs and now also on Twitter and Facebook I chat with them daily. Conversations that used to take place in the comments section strictly about books are now all over social media and about books and life in general.

As those relationships and friendships have evolved over the years this blog has also evolved. It's still primarily a book journal for me. For that reason I do post about every book I read. The 'Nutshell Review' format I've started using is perfect for those that I still want a record here but don't need a full review. I don't just talk about books though. I enjoy sharing photos and other things (usually in Weekend Update posts) but that isn't a strict rule.

The evolution of this blog is an ongoing thing. I've got some changes planned in the next few months but that's all I'll tell you for now. Nothing earthshattering but some tweaks that I've decided are necessary. I'll still be here posting about books and sharing photos and talking about whatever I decide is worth talking about.

I plan to continue to be here and I hope you will continue to visit. I am truly appreciate every visitor and commenter who stops by. Thanks for letting me be a part of your day.

12 comments:

Jenn's Bookshelves 7/11/2014 11:11 AM  

Yay! Congratulations. I couldn't imagine the blogging world without you in it!

Bookfool 7/11/2014 11:13 AM  

Happy Bloggiversary, SuziQ!!!

The Surly Bookseller 7/12/2014 4:58 PM  

Your posts are so often the highlight of my day, and trust me, I have an extraordinarily amazing daily life!

Les 7/13/2014 7:12 AM  

8 years! Congratulations! Yours is one of the first blogs I look at when I finally get a chance to do some blog-hopping. I'm anxious to see what changes you have in store for us. :)

Trish 7/13/2014 2:25 PM  

Happy happy 8 years Miss SuziQ! It's been especially fun connecting with you on twitter and Facebook. To many more!

Kim,  7/13/2014 4:44 PM  

I stumbled upon your blog about 5 1/2 yrs. ago when I was looking for a critique on The House at Riverton. I have been a faithful follower ever since! You have introduced me to so many wonderful authors I would never have thought to check out! Thank you and Happy Anniversary!

Beth F 7/17/2014 3:34 AM  

Happy day!!! Looking forward to changes and so happy you aren't planning on quitting.

raidergirl3 7/18/2014 4:22 PM  

Glad you are still here. Happy 8th anniversary!

Anna 7/20/2014 9:39 AM  

Happy blogiversary!!

Thoughts of Joy 7/23/2014 11:40 AM  

Happy 8th Blogiversary!!! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have just celebrated my 8th as well. :) Glad to know you will continue here. It's always a pleasure.

Tif Sweeney 8/09/2014 7:43 PM  

Congratulations on 8 great years!! I look forward to many more (even if I am commenting super, super late)!

SuziQoregon 8/12/2014 9:03 PM  

Thank you all!! Can't believe it's been eight years. Here's to many more!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP