THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The What’s in a Name Challenge Mid-Year Update Edition

>> Sunday, July 6, 2014

Weekend Update


Last week I did a mid-year update on the Reading Bingo Game so I figured I might as well do a mid-year update on the What’s in a Name Challenge.


What's in a Name 2014

This is hosted by Charlie at The Worm Hole this year. It's been one of my favorite challenges from its very first year. It's pretty simple. Just read books whose titles fit the categories.

Here's where I stand so far this year

A reference to time

A position of royalty – Empress of the Night

A number written in letters

A forename or names

A type or element of weather

A school subject -


Hmmm . . . 1 out of 6 so far. Guess I need to reorganize my book stack a bit. I actually have books for almost all of these categories on my shelf but I just haven't picked them up. yet.



Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Beth F 7/07/2014 4:14 AM  

I usually assess my What's in a Name stats in late summer ... gives me a few months to focus on the categories if need be.

Charlie (The Worm Hole) 7/07/2014 8:24 AM  

It's easy to not get so many books read when you know you've a long time, and I hesitate to say this considering that, but you've still plenty of time left ;)

Trish 7/07/2014 2:22 PM  

It's been a long time since I participated in any reading challenges but I'm tempted to go scour my shelves just to see what I have that fits. Good luck with yours!

SuziQoregon 8/12/2014 8:51 PM  

Beth F: I'm glad I did a check now - helps me to keep from having too many to fit in at the end of the year.

Charlie: LOL - I know I've got a lot of time yet but I need to make sure I'm not scrambling in December.

Trish: You should do this one. It's really a fun challenge and not too hard to complete.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP