>> Monday, August 25, 2014
Bout of Books 11 ended last night. It was my fourth Bout of Books and I've got the next one marked on my calendar the week of January 5-11.
Once again I had a great time having a reason to say 'not this week, it's bout of books and I'm going to read instead".
I had a fairly successful reading week. The main reason I like Bout of Books is that it's a low-pressure readathon. I never feel like I need to stop doing everything else to just read but I am encouraged to maximize and make more time for reading than I normally do. Obviously I worked full time all week so that limited my reading time but I managed to get a lot of reading hours in in the evenings and over the weekend.
These Were My Goals:
- 2 hours a day total reading/listening time Monday - Thursday
- 3 hours Friday
- Saturday and Sunday as much as I feel like
- Participate in at least one Bout of Books Tweet Chat
- Participate in one Bout of Books challenge
- Spend some time each day visiting other participants blogs
- Have fun
I made all my daily reading time goals.
I finished three books and read a good portion of another and I listened to several hours of my current audiobook.
I lurked in both the tweet chats but was on my phone so couldn't really participate.
I did the Instagram scavenger hunt challenge on Monday and it was a lot of fun.
I visited a bunch of participants blogs and found a few new blogs I'll be keeping an eye on.
The books I finished this week are:
- One Kick by Chelsea Cain
- Jack of Fables Vol. 3: The Bad Prince by Bill Willingham
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
All in all it was a great week of reading and talking about books with a great bunch of bloggers. I'm looking forward to Bout of Books 12 in January. I hope you'll join me!