THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Trish's September Readalong – The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

>> Thursday, August 21, 2014


I am a serial Readalong failure but I’m going to give it a try.

The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell


I blame Les at Prairie Horizons for putting this book on my radar. It was her review that made me put this book on my TBR spreadsheet on June 23, 2008.

Yes, you read that right. I decided I wanted to read this book in 2008.

I blame myself for adding it to my wish list at the library sometime after that. Every once in a while I’d be looking at my library wish list and think “I should check that out soon but I’ve already got too many books out”.

I blame the sale email from I don’t even remember which store for making me finally buy the ebook this summer.

I blame one of the guys in my LibraryThing group for telling me shortly after I purchased the ebook that he’s sure I would like this book and should read it soon.

I blame Trish for announcing it as her Readalong book for September.

Go check out the details at Trish’s Blog to see if you want to join in. It should be fun and maybe if enough people I know join in I won’t fail at yet another readalong.

So finally over six years after adding it to my TBR spreadsheet I might actually read this book.

2 comments:

Trish 8/21/2014 12:32 PM  

That's a lot of blame Ms. SuziQ!! But don't worry--no terrible shaming if you don't keep up. Maybe you'll love it so much that you'll finish with no problems! And then you'll wonder why you didn't read it 6 years ago. ;)

(as, been there done that with all of this...I get it)

SuziQoregon 9/13/2014 12:01 PM  

Trish: Ha! I'm glad you convinced me. I'm enjoying it.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP