THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The Always Trust Beth Fish Reads Edition

>> Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekend Update

When Beth Fish Reads tweeted last week that she’d just had the best grilled chicken ever I started counting the days until Saturday. I knew that the recipe would be her Weekend Cooking post last week.

I was a little nervous because if a recipe is too complicated or has ingredients I've never heard of I’m unlikely to try it. Fortunately this one wasn't intimidating at all.

Take yourself on over to Beth Fish Reads blog for the recipe for Garlic and Rosemary Grilled Chicken with Scallions. It’s originally a Bon Appetit recipe but her notes and comments were extremely helpful so I’m sending you to her for the details of the recipe.

Anyway we learned about spatchcocking a chicken. Seriously we did. It only sounds dirty. It’s really a way to make a whole chicken easy to grill. Here’s the instructional video we found that was helpful.




Once we got the chicken flattened out it was matter of seasoning it, and grilling it on a bed of scallions, rosemary and garlic.


After it was mostly cooked we got rid of the stuff the chicken was cooking on. Oh my! Even that smelled delicious! After a few minutes more to finish cooking the chicken was done.


And it was amazing.


Now I just have to get some corn on the cob to have with the leftovers for dinner tomorrow,

Thank you Beth Fish Reads for sharing this recipe and your tips.


Trust me – head over to Beth Fish Reads post and try this chicken.


Hope you’re having a great weekend!


Beth Fish’s Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog’s home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

2 comments:

Beth F 8/10/2014 8:52 AM  

So glad you liked it too. I swear I'm never grilling chicken any other way than spatchcocking. I may change the flavoring, but the technique is the best. And great series of photos!

SuziQoregon 9/11/2014 9:07 PM  

BethF: I'm so glad you shared this recipe - we LOVED it!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP