THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The It’s Been a Good Reading Week Edition

>> Sunday, August 24, 2014


Weekend Update



It’s been a great reading week around here. I've been participating in The Bout of Books this week. It’s nice to be able to have an excuse to say “Not now, it’s my reading week, remember”? Seriously though, The Hubster is great about going along with my goals to get in extra reading time when Bout of Books week comes along three times a year.

Finished this week:
One Kick by Chelsea Cain
Jack of Fables Vol. 3: The Bad Prince by Bill Willingham
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Started this week:
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz

Still reading (listening)
How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny (narrated by Ralph Cosham)

Other than books it’s been a fun TV week for us.

Outlander – yes we’re watching the Starz television adaptation. I’m liking it so far. The Hubster eyes haven’t glazed over yet and he even asked me the other day when the next episode was on.


We’ve seen the first two episodes and so far I like it. Now that it’s been picked up for a second season it looks like I’ll be re-reading Dragonfly in Amber before next summer (or whenever season two airs).

The Musketeers – The finale of the first season is tonight (which means we’ll probably watch tomorrow). The good news is that thanks to On Demand I’ll be able to re-watch the entire season from the beginning.

Action, adventure, outstanding banter, female characters with brains, an evil Cardinal, and these guys.

It’s not a straightforward retelling of The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (which I read and loved back in 2007 – trust me get the Pevear translation) but it uses the characters and setting as a basic foundation to expand from. It’s just a lot of fun.

And also very easy on the eyes.


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Bryan G. Robinson 8/24/2014 8:29 AM  

I picked up some Michael Koryta finally... and I'm glad I did. I know I've seen you mention him before. I don't know why it too me so long.

Beth F 8/25/2014 1:43 PM  

I too am enjoying Outlander and Mr. BFR hasn't complained yet.

I started Musketters, but got waylaid ... must get back to it while it's still On Demand

SuziQoregon 9/13/2014 12:04 PM  

Bryan: Yay - Glad you're enjoying Koryta!

BethF: So far The Hubster seems to be enjoying Outlander too. I want to rewatch season one of The Musketeers from the beginning.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP