THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The What I Did Instead of Reading This Week Edition

>> Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekend Update

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
-- Douglas Adams




The thing about making baby afghans is that when you find out a friend is pregnant it feels like you've got plenty of time to get the afghan made. Then suddenly the baby shower is scheduled and YIKES! It's only halfway done.

That's why I spend three evenings this week staying up late crocheting and watching bad TV.

But I finished in time for the shower on Wednesday and the Mom to Be was thrilled with the afghan.

Blue Baby Afghan
click on the photo for larger version
Crochet
Yarn - Patons Astra
Color - Faded Denim

This one is good sized - big enough for a crib or to throw on the floor and let the little guy play on it.

I had let the Mom to Be pick out the color of yarn but didn't let her know what the finished afghan would look like. She picked out the blue (which I love so much more than the typical baby yarn pale blue). I decided that a stark white border wouldn't be good so I used a creamy white instead,. I think it turned out nice.
baby afghan border and washing instructions tag
click on the photo for larger version

I always add a washing instructions tag to my baby afghans. Years ago one new mom told me she'd been afraid to wash the afghan I gave her because she didn't know it was machine washable and she was afraid of ruining it.

So that’s why I didn't read much this week and it was totally worth it.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Eleanor 8/03/2014 12:41 PM  

Oh, how pretty! And I love the bright color, too.

Betty w,  8/03/2014 3:41 PM  

Yes, it's periwinkle. So beautiful!

Les 8/04/2014 4:05 AM  

What a beautiful blanket! I love that periwinkle! Lucky baby.

SuziQoregon 9/10/2014 9:15 PM  

Thanks everyone - I was pretty happy with how this one turned out.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP