THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

It's Monday What Are You Reading?

>> Monday, September 8, 2014



This weekly reading roundup is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

I have managed to end up reading a whole bunch of books at the same time. I'm kind of bouncing back and forth between all of these right now and thoroughly enjoying every one.



Birdmen: The Wright Brothers, Glenn Curtiss, and the Battle to Control the Skies by Lawrence Goldstone

This is an interesting one about the early days of aviation.




The Competition by Marcia Clark

This is the latest in the Rachel Knight series. After a frightening opening of a mass shooting at a high school the investigation is quickly turning up surprises.




The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

I'm reading this one for a readalong and so far I'm definitely intrigued.




Meet Mr. Mulliner by P.G. Wodehouse

I like having a short story style book on my phone for those times when I get stuck somewhere or on the train for a few minutes of reading. It's been a while since I read any Wodehouse and these stories are quite enjoyable.



The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson

Because when you're already reading five books, why not go ahead and start another one? I just started this one last night for yet another September readalong. I've always wanted to read it but just never got around to it until now.


Currently listening to:



The Long Way Home by Louise Penny
Narrated by Ralph Cosham

The latest in one of my all time favorite audio series. This latest one feels like a bit of a fresh start after the last one wrapped up many long running story arcs. If you haven't read the series before this one could work well as a starting point.



What are you reading?


9 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow 9/08/2014 8:23 AM  

I've been wanting to read the Marcia Clark book. Enjoy your week, and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

Lisa Mandina 9/08/2014 8:38 AM  

That Birdmen book looks like a great one to get for my school library! Thanks for the heads up on that!
Check out my Monday post

Rita_h 9/08/2014 8:56 AM  

I read and enjoyed all the Marcia Clark books. She writes intelligently and knows "her stuff". Enjoy the week.

Kym My Book Nook 9/08/2014 9:06 AM  

I haven't heard of Marcia Clarks book I don't think, it looks like it'd be a good read though

Here is my Monday!

Kathy Martin 9/08/2014 4:50 PM  

Interesting variety of books. I read The Sparrow years ago and was both intrigued and baffled. I also read the first book in Marcia Clark's series but haven't had time to read the rest. Happy reading!

Becca Lostinbooks 9/08/2014 6:34 PM  

the competition looks good. I haven't read any Rachel Knight books, though.

I wanted to read The Haunting of Hill House with the readalong but when I inquired to Andi about the level of spookiness, she thought it might be too much for me since I am totally a chickenpants. I really am. lol

I am always reading at least a half dozen books at one time. It's some kind of illness or something. Oh yea, called A.D.D. lol

Jan Hilton 9/08/2014 7:20 PM  

I love Louise Penny; so glad you're listening to this book that I've loved reading!

SuziQoregon 9/13/2014 12:38 PM  

Laurel-Rain: It's a great series - you should try it.

Lisa: It's really interesting so far.

Rita_h: Yes - exactly! I was surprised at how good her first novel was and the rest have been just as good.

Kym: Sometimes with mystery series they're not exactly 'pleasant' reads.

Kathy: Yeah - it's a good mix of genres and styles. I'm enjoying The Sparrow so far.

Becca: Oh I think you'd like the Rachel Knight series.

Jan: I'm loving the new Louise Penny - after wrapping up the long term story lines in the last one this new one will make a good starting point for folks new to the series.

James S 9/14/2014 3:02 AM  

I love the fact that this blog talks about just anything. I am not sure if a blog just like http://www.kevinschoepp.ca which deals with general topics is a good thing when you’re aiming to rank high in search engines. I would guess that it’s not. Since the blog doesn’t belong to a specific niche, it would be difficult to pinpoint or determine a specific keyword/topic which you want to rank high on. But I do not know much about it so I probably might be totally mistaken. Anyway, I really like visiting this blog because I am often surprised in a good way by new and different topics each visit.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP