THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The It’s Football Season Edition

>> Sunday, September 7, 2014


Weekend Update

I love College Football. I haven’t followed NFL football much for years because for some reason since Portland doesn’t have a football team the networks have decreed that all of us here are going to be forced to be Seattle Seahawks fans and well . . . nope. I don’t really have a favorite NFL team but as for college I am definitely an Oregon Ducks fan. This is the first season in 20 years that we have not had season tickets to the games in Eugene. It feels weird but at the same time we’re managing to watch the games with our friends. Many years ago we had a block of seats together but a remodel of the stadium turned that into a walkway. We ended up being scattered into pairs of seats around the stadium. We still had pre-game and half-time with our friends but it definitely made the games different.

Football party
Who needs a stadium for tailgating?

Now that we’re not going to Eugene for the games we are getting together with the “Tailgating Group” for several games instead. Now that all of the games are televised it’s something we can do. Yesterday was our first Home Tailgate of the season. It seemed a little weird to be watching a home game on TV but it was so much fun to be able to watch the whole game with our friends. Another added benefit was that instead of spending half the day on the highway between Portland and Eugene we also managed to watch a whole bunch of other games. All in all it was a fabulous way to spend a Saturday.

Also – The Oregon Duck as the guest picker on ESPN’s College Gameday was hilarious.

What else have I been up to?

I’m reading a whole bunch of books right now. I’m enjoying all of them. I need to update my currently reading section on the sidebar and put together a post about them for tomorrow.
currently reading
click image to view larger

I’m getting ready to start a new crochet project. I asked a mom-to-be to pick out a yarn color this week so now I need to get the yarn ordered so I can start a baby blanket.
Paton's Astra Ocean Mist

The weather has been warm again and I discovered that there’s a fabulous view of Mt. Hood from the top of a parking garage near my office. I need to remember to go back up here with my regular camera when we get a clear day this winter after there’s snow on the mountain.
Mt.Hood from downtown Portland

We went to southern Oregon last weekend. We visited Trium Wines for both their excellent wines and excellent view from the tasting room.
Trium Wines Tasting Room view

We also saw Richard III at the Oregon Shakespeare festival. Dan Donohue was just as excellent as Richard as I had expected him to be.
Oregon Shakespeare Festival

This afternoon we’re going to see Guardians of the Galaxy. We rarely see movies in the theater. I honestly can’t remember the last one we went to a theater to see. I have been looking forward to this movie ever since I saw the first trailer.

Hope you’re having a great weekend.

3 comments:

Beth F 9/08/2014 5:17 AM  

If I still lived in Eugene, I'd be bummed that you weren't driving down in the fall. But how great not to have to drive and to have fun with your friends.

SuziQoregon 9/13/2014 12:33 PM  

BethF: Yeah - it's different but we're still having fun watching the games with our friends.

Surly: I had a feeling you would ;-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP